ISLE OF WIGHT, Va. (WAVY) — A Portsmouth man charged with multiple child exploitation charges and sentenced to serve 15 years of active prison time Wednesday.
Officials with the Isle of Wight Sheriff’s Office said Phillip Lee Butler, of Portsmouth, was arrested in July 2019 following a “solicitation of child pornography investigation” that developed over several weeks.
Sheriff’s deputies charged Butler with the use of a computer to expose genitals to a minor, use of a computer to solicit a minor to expose genitals, use of a computer to propose a sex act with a minor (3 counts).
Butler was taken before a magistrate and remanded to Western Tidewater Regional Jail on a no-bond status.
On Nov. 25, Butler pleaded guilty to two of the five charges resulting in a total 40-year prison sentence with 25 years suspended, putting his active time to serve at 15 years.
- Uniformed man seen kneeling at Beau Biden’s grave during inauguration
- There will be no inaugural ball tonight: Here’s what will take its place
- Student loan debt relief: Biden tells Education Department to pause payments until October
- Richmond GRTC being investigated by state agency regarding COVID-19 precautions, 2nd employee death
- Chesapeake teacher shares vaccination story; encourages colleagues to get vaccinated