ISLE OF WIGHT, Va. (WAVY) — A woman arrested in connection to a double murder of an Isle of Wight mother and son had her charges dismissed on Wednesday, as a result of her death.
The Isle of Wight Commonwealth’s Attorney confirmed Sharon Galvin passed away on July 4. According to her obituary, Galvin was 39 years old.
Sharon Galvin was originally charged with accessory after the fact and receiving stolen property relating to the murders of 80-year-old Nancy Starnes and her 58-year old-son Kenneth on Sept. 23, 2017 in their Ennisdale Drive home.
The other two suspects, Richard Holmes and Kareem Mitchell were both charged with first-degree murder and other charges related to the murder.
Holmes was sentenced to a 32-year prison sentence in February, and Mitchell was sentenced to two life terms in prison in 2018.
- The Memo: Trump’s political woes with women deepen as Stormy Daniels reclaims stage
- Cinderella Season Falls Short in National Title Game for CNU Women
- Buzzer beater sends Aztecs to National Championship
- Pharrell’s non-profit kicks off its first community event ahead of SITW
- Downed power lines, poles cause lane closures in Chesapeake