ISLE OF WIGHT, Va. (WAVY) — A woman arrested in connection to a double murder of an Isle of Wight mother and son had her charges dismissed on Wednesday, as a result of her death.
The Isle of Wight Commonwealth’s Attorney confirmed Sharon Galvin passed away on July 4. According to her obituary, Galvin was 39 years old.
Sharon Galvin was originally charged with accessory after the fact and receiving stolen property relating to the murders of 80-year-old Nancy Starnes and her 58-year old-son Kenneth on Sept. 23, 2017 in their Ennisdale Drive home.
The other two suspects, Richard Holmes and Kareem Mitchell were both charged with first-degree murder and other charges related to the murder.
- Two killed, two injured in NC shootings
- PHOTOS: Chaos unfolds as gunman opens fire at Highland Park Fourth of July parade
- Record BBQ event gets historic marker in NC
- ‘He was on the street’: Parade eyewitness contradicts police
- Man to face charges after police pursuit starts in Maryland, ends in crash in Virginia