ISLE OF WIGHT, Va. (WAVY) — A woman arrested in connection to a double murder of an Isle of Wight mother and son had her charges dismissed on Wednesday, as a result of her death.
The Isle of Wight Commonwealth’s Attorney confirmed Sharon Galvin passed away on July 4. According to her obituary, Galvin was 39 years old.
Sharon Galvin was originally charged with accessory after the fact and receiving stolen property relating to the murders of 80-year-old Nancy Starnes and her 58-year old-son Kenneth on Sept. 23, 2017 in their Ennisdale Drive home.
The other two suspects, Richard Holmes and Kareem Mitchell were both charged with first-degree murder and other charges related to the murder.
- Man sentenced to 10-year active prison term for robbing fellow Navy sailor in Virginia Beach
- Police seeking information in shooting in business parking lot in Newport News
- HRT to offer free fares on all services Election Day
- Congress plans fixes for US military’s AWOL weapons problems
- Former Ford’s Colony financial officer in Williamsburg convicted of filing false tax returns