HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — A woman was shot by an acquaintance during a confrontation on Triple Crown Court in Hampton last Friday, police said.
Hampton Police responded to a report of a shooting in the first block of Triple Crown Court around 12:30 p.m. Friday.
Officers arrived and found a woman who had been shot. She was taken to a local hospital with injuries not considered life-threatening, police said.
Based on the initial investigation, police believe the woman was shot by a male acquaintance during a confrontation at an apartment complex.
Investigators said they identified all the people involved in the shooting as of last Friday, and announced a man had been charged on Monday. Benjamin J. Roberson Jr. is charged with one count of malicious wounding, one count of use of a firearm in commission of a felony and one count of discharge of a firearm in occupied dwelling.
The motive and circumstances surrounding the shooting remain under investigation. Roberson is in custody at the Hampton City Jail.
Stay with WAVY.com for additional information.
- Blog: Dry & Cool Today, But Rain Chances Increase Soon.
- Obama, Bush, Clinton volunteer to receive coronavirus vaccine on camera
- 11-year-old dies after apparently shooting himself during online class, sheriff’s office says
- NASA: Mystery object is 54-year-old rocket, not asteroid
- In 46-minute address, Trump recycles unsubstantiated voter fraud claims