HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Hampton Police say an 18-year-old man sustained life-threatening injuries in a shooting on West Queen Street Monday.
Police are asking for help identifying two suspects in connection with the shooting.
Police responded to a 7-Eleven in the 1400 block of West Queen Street just before 5 p.m.
They arrived to find the man injured.
He was taken to a local hospital with life-threatening injuries. His condition was upgraded to stable afterward, police said.
Preliminary police investigation indicates the man was sitting in a vehicle at the 7-Eleven when two males got in the vehicle with him.
One of them then shot the 18-year-old.
Both males fled the scene on foot.
The motive and circumstances of the shooting are still under investigation.
Police do not have any other suspect information.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Halloween treat: Full ‘blue moon’ set to shine
- Is Trump or Biden winning? 5 clues from early voting
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- Vice President Mike Pence to visit Elizabeth City Saturday
- US shatters daily COVID record with nearly 100,000 new cases