HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Hampton Police are investigating a drive-by shooting that occurred on Saturday afternoon leaving one with injuries.
The call came in just after 5:30 p.m. for a shooting in the 900 block of LaSalle Avenue.
When officers arrived on the scene, they found a 40-year-old man who was suffering from injuries that were not considered to be life-threatening. He was transported to a local hospital.
The initial investigation revealed the victim was hit by gunfire from a passing vehicle.
The motive and circumstances surrounding the shooting are still under investigation and no suspect information is available.
No further information is available at this time.
If anyone has information, they are encouraged to contact the Hampton Police Division at 757–727–6111 or the Crime Line at 1–888-LOCK-U-UP. Tipsters can also send an anonymous tip by visiting our secure tip form at P3Tips.com.
- Concert venues can open, but expert says don’t expect shows of ‘any scale’ until maybe next Memorial Day
- Congresswoman Elaine Luria delivers results for constituents
- Langley For Families Foundation donates more than $110,000 to Hampton Roads nonprofits
- Military aircraft take to the skies for Summer of Flight events
- VIDEO: VB Crime Solvers asking for help identifying looting suspects