HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — A domestic-related shooting left a man injured early Tuesday, police say.
A 35-year-old Hampton woman, Crystal Normandeau, has been charged with use of a firearm in the commission of a felony and aggravated malicious wounding.
Emergency communications received the call around 3:49 a.m. for the shooting in the 300 block of W. Chamberlin Avenue.
Police originally said the 30-year-old man was transported to a local hospital. The injuries were later upgraded to life-threatening. Police said Tuesday evening he was in stable condition.
W. Chamberlin Avenue was blocked from Derry Road to Scotland Road while police conducted their investigation.
A North Phoebus Townhomes resident who spoke to 10 On Your Side says this was surprising because it’s usually a quiet and family-oriented community.
Normandeau is being held at the Hampton City Jail.
No other details have been released.
Stay tuned to WAVY.com for the latest updates.
- Elizabeth River Ferry down due to mechanical issues, buses to pick up passengers
- Portsmouth man dies after crash on Route 164 off ramp in Suffolk
- Newsfeed Now: A bat-wielding grandma; Oklahoma news crew becomes heroes
- Protests shift to memorializing Floyd amid push for change
- Celebrities respond to video of Buffalo police shoving 75-year-old man