HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Police are searching for a shooter who injured two teenagers in Hampton on Sunday night.
Police discovered two teenagers — ages 17 and 19 — shot in the area of Hardy Cash Drive and Magruder Boulevard around 9:21 p.m. on Sunday. The 17-year-old had a non-life threatening gunshot wound, while the 19-year-old had a life-threatening gunshot wound. The 19-year-old’s gunshot wound was updated to non-life threatening status when he was taken to the hospital, according to police.
Police believe the teenagers were traveling in a car when an unknown person shot at them. The motive and circumstances surrounding the shooting is unclear at this time, according to the Hampton Police Department.
Hampton police are asking the public to help identify the shooter in this case. Anyone with information should call the Hampton Police Division at 757-727-6111 or the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
This is a developing news story, stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Stimulus check calculator: How much will I receive? When will I get it?
- Clinical trial to treat COVID-19 begin including Hydroxychloroquine and Remdesivir
- Pet Pal of the Week: Bowzer!
- Today’s Takeout: Hot Tuna and Shorebreak Pizza
- Struggling With Housing Payments? Vandeventer Black Can Help