HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Hampton police have arrested a man they say assaulted an officer earlier this week.
Isaiah Patrick was arrested Friday morning in the 100 block of Newmarket Square, police say. He was wanted on a malicious wounding of a law enforcement officer charge, a felony.
Police say the 25-year-old struck the officer on Tuesday at a Rite Aid on Kecoughtan Road, to the point where the officer had to be taken to the hospital. Police say they were trying to take him into custody for other charges at the time.
Patrick also faces charges of obstruction of justice and providing false information to police.
- Walmart files opioid-related lawsuit against the federal government
- Kid Rock, golfer John Daly asked to mask up in the audience at final presidential debate
- Bill could ban traffic stops for various violations in Virginia
- High stakes for Trump, Biden heading into final debate
- VIDEO: Texas man sprays woman with water during Black Lives Matter argument with neighbor