HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Hampton officials say a man was killed Wednesday in a shooting at a Hampton intersection.
Police say the shooting happened at the corner of Todds Lane and Wellington Drive.
The call came in reporting the shooting around 6 p.m. about an auto accident at that intersection.
A Hampton police spokesperson said preliminary investigation indicates the victim was struck by gunfire while he was driving. The vehicle then hit a pole and came to a stop in the intersection.
The man, identified Thursday as 23-year-old Jayquan Fenner, died at the scene.
No one else was injured.
No suspect information is available at this time.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887) or submit a tip online.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Potential long-term closure at Centerville Turnpike Bridge in Chesapeake leaves businesses worried
- 2 dead in 6-vehicle crash Thanksgiving night in Richmond’s northside
- Family of Norfolk shooting victim offering $10,000 reward for information leading to suspect’s arrest
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries after shooting on Maplewood St. in Hampton
- Venezuela judge convicts 6 American oil execs, orders prison