HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Hampton officials say a man was killed Wednesday in a shooting at a Hampton intersection.
Police say the shooting happened at the corner of Todds Lane and Wellington Drive.
The call came in reporting the shooting around 6 p.m. about an auto accident at that intersection.
A Hampton police spokesperson said preliminary investigation indicates the victim was struck by gunfire while he was driving. The vehicle then hit a pole and came to a stop in the intersection.
The man, identified Thursday as 23-year-old Jayquan Fenner, died at the scene.
No one else was injured.
No suspect information is available at this time.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887) or submit a tip online.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Man accused of attempted home burglary in Virginia Beach
- Police: Gun stolen from unlocked vehicle in Virginia Beach
- Dare County says goodbye to retired deputy sheriff K9 Diablo
- Virginia becomes 16th state to reach 70% of adults with one vaccine; local health experts optimistic
- Police: Cigarette snatcher targets two 7-Eleven stores in Virginia Beach