HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Hampton officials say a man was killed Wednesday in a shooting at a Hampton intersection.
Police say the shooting happened at the corner of Todds Lane and Wellington Drive.
The call came in reporting the shooting around 6 p.m. about an auto accident at that intersection.
A Hampton police spokesperson said preliminary investigation indicates the victim was struck by gunfire while he was driving. The vehicle then hit a pole and came to a stop in the intersection.
The man, identified Thursday as 23-year-old Jayquan Fenner, died at the scene.
No one else was injured.
No suspect information is available at this time.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP or submit a tip online.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- ‘Afraid for my life’: Portland protesters testify before Congress
- U.S. lawmakers disagree on how to curb violence during protests
- President Trump signs off on Great American Outdoors Act
- $35M in federal grants will pay for trafficking victim housing
- Kings Dominion to stay closed for remainder of 2020