HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — A pedestrian has life-threatening injuries after being struck by a vehicle Monday morning on E. Mercury Blvd. in Hampton.
The crash happened in the 300 block of E. Mercury Blvd. around 545 a.m. Police said this was not a hit-and-run, the vehicle stayed at the scene. The adult victim was taken to the hospital.
No other details are available, but police say E. Mercury Blvd. is closed in both directions from Pembroke Ave. to Woodland Road.
- Virginia lawmakers approve bill giving citizen review boards power to discipline police; measure headed to governor’s desk
- Warner and Kaine announce more than $600,000 in funding to support The Up Center in Norfolk
- Virginia health centers collaborate to expand access to cancer clinical trials in coastal Virginia
- Police reform bills head to Northam’s desk as unprecedented special session nears end
- Lagging behind: rural broadband expansion promises faster speeds for downstate schools, hospitals