HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — The Virginia State Police are investigating a fatal crash that killed a 25-year-old woman in Hampton.
The crash involved three people who were traveling on the interstate in a 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier on Sunday. The crash happened just before 6 a.m. on the westbound lanes of I-64 at the northbound exit ramp onto Magruder Boulevard.
The driver was traveling at a high rate of speed when they lost control of the car, ran off the road, and hit several trees, according to the VSP.
The front seat passenger, 25-year-old Sha’lynn Da’ nyce Walker, was not wearing a seat belt and died in the crash. Another passenger, Vidal McLaughlin, was also injured, according to the VSP.
The driver fled the scene of the crash. Police are asking the public to help them identify the driver. Anyone with information should call the VSP at (757) 424-6800 or #77.
The driver fled the scene of the crash. Police area asking for the public’s help to investigate the crash. Anyone with information should call the VSP at (757) 424-6800 or #77.
- No injuries after small plane crashes at Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport
- Is enough being done to prevent gambling addiction in Virginia?
- Sheriff’s Office searching for owner of spray-painted black truck possibly involved in Isle of Wight theft of catalytic converters
- Person flown to hospital with serious injuries after vehicle crash Smithfield
- Person injured in motorcycle crash in Virginia Beach