HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Fire officials say no one was gurt after a house caught fire Monday morning in Hampton.
One person was home at the time, but got out safely.
Hampton Fire said they were alerted of the fire at 10:40 a.m. Monday.
Fire crews from Hampton and Newport News arrived on the scene, in the 200 block of Watkins Drive, a short while later.
Officials with the Community Risk Reduction Branch, Fire investigation Group say the cause of the fire was “careless cooking.”
- Virginians are traveling to North Carolina for COVID-19 vaccinations, and they’re receiving them
- North Carolinians wait for unemployment benefits as state, feds implement new law
- With some of NC’s COVID numbers improving, now comes the wait for drops in lagging indicators
- 2 men dead after shooting, crash on Settlers Landing Road in Hampton
- Now you can put Bernie Sanders anywhere, thanks to NYU student’s website