HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — A Newport News man won $914,530.90 on a $3 wager at a local Rosie’s Gaming Emporium Tuesday.
According to a statement released by Rosie’s and Colonial Downs, it’s the highest Historical Horse Racing (HHR) jackpot in U.S history at the gaming establishment in Hampton.
The win happened just before 9 p.m. on Jan. 12 while the resident, who wishes to remain anonymous, was playing “Big Ea$y Money.”
The player says he plans to purchase a new home for his family and a sports car for himself.
He said he brought $100 to Rosie’s to “try his luck” and had only been there for about 10 minutes when he hit the jackpot.
The secret to winning was being “in the right place at the right time,” he said.
- Coast Guard Mid-Atlantic sets up 3 security zones with prohibited entry ahead of inauguration
- Last-minute basket lifts Old Dominion over Rice
- Jenkins carries Norfolk State past Delaware State 87-76
- No. 18 Virginia routs No. 12 Clemson to stay perfect in ACC
- Portsmouth Restaurant Week to kick off with more than 25 participating businesses