HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — A Newport News man won $914,530.90 on a $3 wager at a local Rosie’s Gaming Emporium Tuesday.
According to a statement released by Rosie’s and Colonial Downs, it’s the highest Historical Horse Racing (HHR) jackpot in U.S history at the gaming establishment in Hampton.
The win happened just before 9 p.m. on Jan. 12 while the resident, who wishes to remain anonymous, was playing “Big Ea$y Money.”
The player says he plans to purchase a new home for his family and a sports car for himself.
He said he brought $100 to Rosie’s to “try his luck” and had only been there for about 10 minutes when he hit the jackpot.
The secret to winning was being “in the right place at the right time,” he said.
- Man receives maximum sentence for violating probation for 2006 robbery after conviction for 2018 murder in VB
- Massive fire on McCullough Lane in Virginia Beach
- Weather service confirms EF-0 tornado in Chowan County, NC
- Man accused of attempted home burglary in Virginia Beach
- Police: Gun stolen from unlocked vehicle in Virginia Beach