HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Hampton Police are investigating a Monday night shooting that sent an 18-year-old man to the hospital.
Police say they were called to the area of West Weaver Road and Martha Lee Drive just before 9 p.m. Monday regarding a shooting.
Once they got there, they found an 18-year-old man who had been struck by gunfire. The victim was transported to a local hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
Initial investigation revealed that the victim was walking in the area when he was shot by an unknown individual.
The motive and circumstances surrounding this incident remain under investigation, and there is no suspect information to disseminate at this time.
Police sat the victim was uncooperative with investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887) or submit a tip online.
- NC COVID-19 Dec. 5 update: North Carolina reports new record of more than 6,000 additional COVID-19 cases
- Here’s how much the ’12 Days of Christmas’ gifts would cost you in 2020
- Only 25 Republicans in Congress acknowledge Biden’s election victory, Washington Post survey finds
- Minor driving stolen vehicle leads police pursuit before crashing into house in Elizabeth City
- Virginia COVID-19 Dec. 5 update: Backlog results in new record high with 3,793 new cases, 37 additional deaths reported statewide