HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Hampton Police say a 23-year-old man sustained life-threatening injuries in a shooting Thursday on Lakeshore Drive.
Police say they have arrested 24-year-old Jaylin D Bigham, of Chesapeake, in connection with the shooting.
Police responded to the first block of Lakeshore Drive around 5:40 p.m. for a report of a shooting that had just occurred.
Police arrived to find the 23-year-old man with life-threatening gunshot wounds. He was taken to a local hospital.
Authorities believe the 23-year-old was shot by a person they knew following an altercation.
Bigham is charged with maiming, discharge of a firearm in public, and two counts of brandishing a firearm.
The investigation is ongoing.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Blog: Most Areas Need Rain. Chances Increase Soon.
- Number of laid-off workers seeking jobless aid stuck at 1.3M
- US executes 2nd man in a week; lawyers said he had dementia
- Driver of Mercedes fled after crash with ambulance at Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel, State Police say
- Larry Michael, longtime voice of Washington’s NFL team, steps away