HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Police are investigating after a 20-year-old man was found shot Monday afternoon on Briarfield Road in Hampton.
Police didn’t have many details in a tweet at 1:14 p.m. but said the shooting happened at a gas station in the 1500 block of Briarfield. They got the call at 12:42 p.m. and the victim’s injuries appeared to not be life-threatening, police say.
Police said initial investigation revealed the victim was in the parking lot of the convenience store when an altercation happened. Shots were fired during that incident, police said.
The motive and circumstances are under investigation.
There is no suspect information to release as of Monday afternoon, police said.
No other information is available at this time. Police are also investigating a homicide after a man’s body was found in the area of Old Buckroe Road. There’s no indication the two incidents are connected at this time.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887) or submit a tip online.
- 57-year-old man dies following vehicle-pedestrian crash in Norfolk
- ‘A total loss’: Fire engulfs home in Isle of Wight
- Blog: Warming Up and Some Rain Ahead
- ‘No walk-ins’: Virginia Beach church advises COVID-19 vaccine registration is full ahead of weekend event
- Friday night football returns to Hampton Roads for first time in over a year