UPDATE Nov. 10, 2020: All charges against Antonell J. Lesrois have been dropped.
HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Hampton Police arrested a 22-year-old man after a shooting Friday afternoon on Chamberlin Avenue.
Antonell J. Lesrois, whose last known address was in the 200-block of West Chamberlin Avenue, was charged with shooting into an occupied vehicle, shooting into an occupied dwelling, discharging a firearm within city limits, shooting within 1,000 feet of a school, maiming and shooting in public with injury.
Police said they responded to the shooting around 4:10 p.m. Friday in the 200 block of Chamberlin Road.
They found the injured man and took him to a local hospital. His injuries were not life-threatening, police said.
Police said the investigation revealed the victim was driving in the area of Chamberlin when he was approached by Lesrois and the two got into a verbal altercation. The victim was then struck by gunfire, police say, and Lesrois fled on a bike.
- When is the 2021 Daytona 500? Start time, TV schedule and more
- Black teens in NC say neighbor blocked them at dead end, told them they didn’t look like they belonged
- NASCAR to hold pre-race Daytona 500 concert with Luke Combs
- Daytona 500 to be held with ‘limited’ fans in 2021 amid pandemic
- Man struck, killed while crossing I-95 near Emporia