HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Hampton police have arrested a 22-year-old man after a shooting Friday afternoon on Chamberlin Avenue.
Antonell J. Lesrois, whose last known address was in the 200-block of West Chamberlin Avenue, has been charged with shooting into an occupied vehicle, shooting into an occupied dwelling, discharging a firearm within city limits, shooting within 1000 feet of a school, maiming and shooting in public with injury.
Police say they responded to the shooting around 4:10 p.m. Friday in the 200 block of Chamberlin Road.
They found the injured man and took him to a local hospital. His injuries were non life-threatening, police say.
Police say the investigation revealed the victim was driving in the area of Chamberlin when he was approached by Lesrois and the two got into a verbal altercation. The victim was then struck by gunfire, police say, and Lesrois fled on a bike.
- Waterbury, CT Christopher Columbus statue vandalized, beheaded
- $20 million funding opportunity to strengthen America’s water infrastructure
- Frederick Douglass statue removed at Rochester park
- Atlantic Coast Pipeline project canceled
- Second stimulus check: Where we stand as July begins