HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — A man and his dog were shot after a confrontation on Webster Street Wednesday afternoon, Hampton Police said.
Police responded to the 300 block of Webster Street around 3:20 p.m. for a report of shots fired.
Officers arrived to find a 62-year-old man who had been shot. He was then taken to a hospital with injuries that are not believed to be life-threatening, police said.
Initial investigation indicates the man was working on a home in that area when he was shot by an unknown person during a confrontation.
During that time, the person also shot the man’s dog.
The dog was taken to an emergency veterinarian. Its status was unknown as of 8:30 p.m.
The motive and circumstances surrounding the shooting are still under investigation.
Police did not have suspect information to release.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887) or submit a tip online.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Soccer legend Diego Maradona dies at 60
- Big Game Bound Week 12: Lions’ Thanksgiving tradition & best NFL rivalries
- President-elect Biden to deliver Thanksgiving address
- Hampton police investigating carjacking on Chinaberry Place
- Police: Woman stole nearly $4K in merchandise from Harris Teeter in Williamsburg