HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — After much anticipation, Hampton residents walked the aisles of their brand new Kroger store on Wednesday.
The doors opened at 8 a.m. to host raffles and taste testings of the store’s new foods. Although only one lucky person went home with a $250 gift card to the store, 299 customers received $10 gift cards.
The total cost of the new Kroger, which is located at 1050 West Mercury Blvd., was $16 million. Maxing out at 105,000 square feet, a representative notes that the location is the largest traditional Kroger in Hampton Roads.
The grocery store is home to a Starbucks, cheese shop, deli and a dispensary for bulk food items. It also offers the largest selection of spaghetti sauce in Hampton Roads.
The store will employ 237 full-time and part-time workers.
You can head to the new location anytime between 6 a.m. and midnight all week long to see what’s in store for you.
- Hampton will offer loans to small businesses, extend tax deadline for those affected by coronavirus
- Senators call for assistance to mortgage servicers to avoid ‘housing finance system crisis’
- 2 die, 7 hospitalized after at least 60 test positive for COVID-19 at Orange County nursing home
- After season cut short, VB school celebrates 8th-grade basketball players by going door-to-door with pompoms, signs
- President Trump jokes he’ll “take a look” at giving pardon to Joe Exotic