Home uninhabitable after fire on Langston Boulvevard in Hampton

Hampton

HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Fire officials say a home has been deemed uninhabitable after a fire on Langston Boulevard Thursday.

Firefighters were dispatched to the fire around 6:43 p.m. in the 20 block of Langston Boulevard.

Crews arrived to find heavy smoke and flames in the house.

The fire was out by 7 p.m.

There were no injuries reported, but the home cannot be lived in.

The resident wasn’t home at the time of the fire.

The Hampton Fire Marshals Office determined the fire was accidental and caused by “careless cooking.”

Stay with WAVY.com for updates.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

WAVY Twitter Widget

***Don’t Miss Module Removal CSS***

WAVY Facebook