HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Hampton police held a press conference Tuesday following a shooting incident that killed two people and injured another on Friday.

Hampton Police Chief Mark Talbot led the press conference Tuesday morning at the department’s headquarters.

During the conference, Chief Talbot laid out a timeline of the events starting with the call dispatch officials received regarding the first shooting around 10:48 p.m. Friday.

Officers responded to the intersection of Nickerson Boulevard and Bridgeport Cove Drive. When they got to the scene, officers found a 14-year-old boy, from Hampton, lying on the roadway and suffering from a gunshot wound. The teen was pronounced dead at the scene.

Moments later, police received information about a separate shooting in the 30 block of Silver Isles Boulevard where they found a man suffering from a gunshot wound and was pronounced dead at the scene.

On Monday, police identified the victim as 18-year-old Shaun Fauntleroy, from Newport News. Police revealed that his 19th birthday would’ve been that Sunday on November 20, less than two days after his death.

Hours later, police say they received a call from the mother of a 16-year-old boy, also from Newport News, who reported that her son was suffering from non life-threatening gunshot wounds.

After further investigation, officers say they’ve concluded that the 16-year-old was involved in both shootings.

Watch the full press conference from Hampton police below.

Hampton police called the shooting tragic and senseless while offering their condolences to the families of the deceased victims.

“We will continue to work relentlessly to increase the safety in our city,” said Talbot and urged community members who might have information regarding the shooting to contact authorities and help resolve incidents.

During the press conference, Sgt. Price added that all three victims were inside the same vehicle parked in the 200 block of Bridgeport Cove Drive at the time of the shooting. Shortly after they parked the vehicle, police say multiple individuals approached the victims and fired guns at them.

In an attempt to get help, the vehicle left Bridgeport Cove and headed to the Silver Isles area of the city.

Chief Talbot stated that there’s reason to believe people “have been acting in concert with each other,” however, they do not have evidence to conclude that the shooting was gang-related.

Talbot added that the shooting was not related to an alleged fight that broke out during a football game between Phoebus High School and I.C. Norcom High School Friday evening.

A RESET walk is now being scheduled following the incident.

10 On Your Side’s Jon Dowding will have the latest updates on the shootings at 12 p.m., and at 4, 5, and 6 p.m. on WAVY TV-10.

If you have any information about this case, you can submit an anonymous tip by calling 1-888-LOCK-U-UP, downloading the P3 tips app to a mobile device, or visiting www.P3tips.com and submitting a tip.

Check WAVY.com for the latest updates.