HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Hampton Police are searching for three people in connection with two robberies that occurred ten minutes apart from each other Saturday night.
Police got the call for the first robbery around 9:37 p.m. for the incident at the Fox Hill Convenient Store located in the first block of Old Fox Hill Road.
Then, at 9:47 p.m., another call was received for a robbery that occurred at the 7-Eleven located in the 900 block of North King Street.
The investigation revealed the subjects entered the businesses, displayed a firearm, and demanded money. After they got the cash, the subjects fled the scene on foot.
The two locations are within ten minutes walking distance of each other, according to Google Maps.
Investigators believe both incidents are related.
10 On Your Side spoke with employees of Fox Hill Convenient Store off camera who provided security camera footage of the incident.
One employee says one of the subjects came into the store casually and pulled out a gun once in the aisle.
Dezaray Mason, who lives near the area and frequently visits the 7-Eleven, says hearing about the incidents is scary.
“I come here every day and every night. I get off late at night. I see a lot of boys around. You just never know what’s going to happen so you’re skeptical about getting out of the car,” Mason said.
The three subjects are described as:
- Subject 1: Described as a Black man wearing all black clothing.
- Subject 2: Described as a Black man wearing a black hooded shirt, black pants with a white stripe down the side, and black shoes.
- Subject 3: Described as a Black man wearing a grey hooded sweatshirt, black vest, black pants, and red shoes.
Mason says it’s also unnerving knowing the suspects were masked.
“You just never know what’s going to happen behind that mask. It could be a robber. It could be a friend — you never know,” she said.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Hampton Police at 757-727-6111 or by calling the Crime Line number 888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Coast Guard Mid-Atlantic sets up 3 security zones with prohibited entry ahead of inauguration
- Last-minute basket lifts Old Dominion over Rice
- Jenkins carries Norfolk State past Delaware State 87-76
- No. 18 Virginia routs No. 12 Clemson to stay perfect in ACC
- Portsmouth Restaurant Week to kick off with more than 25 participating businesses