HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Police say they are investigating a homicide after a 17-year-old boy was found dead in a vacant lot Monday morning on Old Buckroe Road.
Police said they got the call at 10:13 a.m. The teenager, a Hampton resident, was found in the 1200 block of Old Buckroe.
Officers arrived on scene to find the teenager dead with injuries from an “apparent stabbing.”
The motive and circumstances of his death are still under investigation, police said.
Police are asking for the public’s help identifying a suspect or suspects in this case.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887) or submit a tip online.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- ‘Management based on vengeance’: US states look to step up wolf kills, pushed by Republicans
- Grammy performers revealed: Taylor Swift, Cardi B, Billie Eilish
- COVID-19 Vaccine: Albemarle Regional Health Services to host vaccine clinics
- About 1,300 Norfolk residents to get vaccinated at clinic in Calvert Square neighborhood
- Virtual Victories: Suffolk teachers reflect on year on virtual learning as they prepare to welcome students back