HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Hampton Police are investigating a fatal crash that occurred on Saturday, May 2.
The call came in at 8:48 p.m. for a multi-vehicle crash at the intersection of Victoria Boulevard at Catalpa Avenue.
When officers arrived on the scene, they found a four-door sedan and an SUV that collided in the roadway.
An occupant of the sedan was ejected from the vehicle as a result of the crash and was pronounced deceased on the scene. The victim has been identified as 59-year-old Hampton resident, Ronald Krenisky.
Two other individuals were transported to local hospitals by medics, one with serious injuries.
The driver of the SUV was identified as 32-year-old Reginald L. Harris of Hampton. He was arrested on charges of driving under the influence of alcohol. Additional charges at the time were pending the investigation.
On May 8, the additional charges were released and include aggravated involuntary manslaughter (DUI related), permanent impairment maiming while DUI, and reckless driving by speed. Harris remains in custody at the Hampton City Jail.
The crash remains under investigation by the members of the Hampton Police Division’s Reconstruction Team.
No further information is available at this time.
- Before Floyd death, activists saw progress on police reforms
- Protests over George Floyd death overwhelm authorities again
- Hampton Police looking for missing endangered 18-year-old woman
- PHOTOS: Hundreds gather across Hampton Roads to protest death of George Floyd
- PHOTOS: Virginia Beach Heartbreak Through the Lens