HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Hampton Police are investigating a shooting that happened Friday night leaving one with injuries.
The call came in just before 10:30 p.m. for a report of a shooting in the 200 block of Breckinridge Court in Hampton.
When police arrived on the scene, they found a 27-year-old man with gunshot wounds. He was transported to a local hospital for injuries that were not considered to be life-threatening.
Police officials said that the victim was standing in the yard of a nearby residence when he was shot by an unknown person.
There is no suspect information at this time.
- Norfolk City Council to hear pro-gun group’s proposal to prohibit local gun law changes
- VisitNorfolk receives $10,000 from Virginia Tourism program to promote small businesses
- Newport News to host One City Marathon virtually in 2021
- Virginia DMV offers eligible commercial drivers a chance to renew licenses online
- Sheriff: Florida rapper made music, then killed 2 men in recording studio