HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) – A Hampton man is facing charges for two recent 7-Eleven robberies.
Police arrested 46-year-old Rickey Avant for incidents on January 27 and February 20.
In the January 27 robbery, police say the suspect, believed to be Avant, entered the business around 12:40 a.m., pulled out a knife and demanded money.
Avant has been charged with two counts of robbery, two counts of burglary while armed, one count of possession of burglarious tools, one count of wearing a mask in public, one count of felony hit and run, and one count of felony evade and elude.
He is in custody at the Hampton City Jail.
- Retired D.C. firefighter dies of COVID-19, family remembers him as a hero
- IOW family using social media to help make cloth masks
- Virginia’s secretary of finance says future uncertain
- Local dialysis patients increasingly concerned as pandemic spreads
- Dr. Fauci: ‘We need to put our foot on the accelerator’ to see an end to COVID-19 pandemic