HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) – Firefighters in Hampton responded to a residential fire early Friday.
Emergency dispatch said they received a call at 1:49 a.m. for a structure fire in the 2000 block of West Weaver Road.
The residence was fully engulfed when crews arrived on scene. Crews tried to knock it down from the inside but had to go outside from up top. It was under control an hour later.
No one was inside the home at the time of the fire. There were no reported injuries.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Dominion Energy’s $1M EnergyShare Expansion provides bill assistance options for small businesses and residents
- Congress members from Virginia urge USDA to ensure children can access meals amid COVID-19
- Man sought to have his child porn victim killed, prosecutors say
- Mother to appear in court Thursday for child endangerment charges following 2019 death of 3-year-old girl in Wythe County
- VIDEO: Louisiana woman says ‘God was definitely with us’ during lightning strike