HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Hampton city officials are increasing the hours for community centers and libraries.
City officials say residents who are vaccinated will not be required to wear masks. Facility rentals are also becoming more available.
Children age 5 and older are asked to continue wearing a mask and social distance per CDC guidance. City officials say they will uphold that guidance for all youth programs ages 5-17.
People who have not been vaccinated are also required to wear masks.
View the latest changes below:
- Currently open Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 7 pm; Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Saturday and Sunday, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Beginning June 21, meeting rooms and study rooms will be available to the public for meetings. As of that date, hours will increase to pre-Covid schedules.
New hours will begin in Parks indoor facilities Monday, June 14:
- Fort Monroe, North Phoebus, Northampton, and West Hampton will be open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Room rentals and special events will be available seven days a week.
- (Until then, open for fitness activities and room rentals only, 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Friday.)
- Y.H. Thomas: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; weekends based on rental / special events.
- Little England: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; weekends based on rental / special events.
- Fox Hill: Working with the Board of Directors to establish “normal” operating hours.
- (Until then, no regular hours.)
- Senior Center: Monday and Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (This week, Hampton Senior Center, 8:30 a.m-4 p.m. Monday-Friday)
- Therapeutic Recreation Center: Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., weekends based on special events.
Facility rentals resume June 21.
- Hampton Aquatic Center (for limited lap lanes by appointment Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-noon.) To make an appointment, go online under “Facility Rentals; call 757-727-6831 (Fort Monroe Community Center) or 757-766-1510 (Hampton Aquatic Center); or reserve a lane in person at the site. Reservations, for one-hour slots, can be made 24 hours in advance.
- Fort Monroe pool is closed temporarily for repairs are completed.
- Hours will remain limited due to staff shortage.
Hampton History Museum:
- Museum: Fully open, Monday-Saturday, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.; Sunday, 1:00-5:00 p.m.
- Hampton Carousel: Fully open. Tuesday-Sunday, 11:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m., closed Mondays.
- Air Power Park: Outdoor displays open daily sunrise to sunset; indoor display hours: Monday-Sunday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Parks/outdoor facilities open:
- Athletic fields open or practice and game play
- Basketball courts
- Beaches (lifeguards at Buckroe and Fort Monroe’s Outlook beaches); Buckroe comfort station also open
- Bluebird Gap Farm
- BMX Track at Gosnold’s Hope Park
- Community Gardens
- Darling Stadium
- Dog parks
- Fishing at Armistead Pointe and Sandy Bottom Nature Park
- Golf courses and facilities
- Hampton Clean City Commission activities
- Hampton Tennis Center
- James T. Wilson Fishing Pier
- Parks, trails, and open spaces
- Sandy Bottom Nature Park facility, campsites, picnic shelters, and kayak/boat rentals available (Yurt rentals resume June 10)
- Volleyball courts
- War Memorial Stadium
- Woodlands Skate Park
- Charles H. Taylor Visual Arts Center
- American Theatre
- Hampton Roads Convention Center (will be used as a vaccination clinic site)