HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Hampton police have made an arrest after a woman died in a double shooting Friday night.
The shooting happened in the 2200 block of West Mercury Boulevard around 11:48 p.m., police say.
A 33-year-old Gloucester woman died at the hospital, and a 41-year-old man had non life-threatening injuries. Police identified the woman on Monday as Cierra A. Kelley.
Police say they arrested Brian Latrell Fayne on Sunday in the 2100 block of Zinzer Road in connection to the shooting. He’s been charged with one count of second-degree murder, one count of maiming, one count of shooting in public, one count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and two counts of use of a firearm in the commission of a felony. He’s in custody at the Hampton City Jail.
Initial investigation revealed that the two victims were shot while sitting in their car. The motive and circumstances surrounding this incident remain under investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887) or submit a tip online.
- VDH: Virginia to offer new J&J single-dose COVID-19 vaccine next week following federal approval
- Northam responds to 2 police officers killed in Virginia
- Multi-vehicle crash on I-264 in Virginia Beach closes all westbound lanes
- Third stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand as February ends
- Off-duty Henrico police officer killed in hit-and-run, suspect still on the loose