HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Hampton Fire crews raced to contain a fire at an abandoned church early Tuesday morning.
According to fire officials, crews responded to a commercial structure fire in the 200 block of W. Queen Street just after 6 a.m. Tuesday.
Photos posted on social media showed what officials stated as the abandoned “Faith Temple Church of God in Christ” building with smoke coming out of the roof.
Fire officials say no injuries were reported following the incident.
- Some Virginia Beach senior living residents, associates receive coronavirus vaccines
- Protests after video shows police car driving through crowd of pedestrians in Washington state
- Senate Republican leader McConnell offers support for power-sharing deal with Democrats
- Virginia House passes bill to prohibit firearms at polling places
- ODU to gradually bring students back to campus starting Feb. 1