HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Hampton Police say two people are dead and another injured following a triple shooting on Apple Avenue.
The shooting was reported around 5:40 p.m. in the 200 block of Apple Avenue Thursday.
According to a police spokesman on the scene, officers had been called to the same block number three times Thursday. The calls were for “minor altercations.”
The third call was when the bodies were discovered. The incident happened outside in the street.
A man and woman — 25-year-old Maurice Bailey and 50-year-old Lois Bailey from Hampton, respectively — were found dead at the scene.
The third person, another man, sustained injuries not considered life-threatening.
Police don’t believe any of the victims are suspects in the shooting and don’t think the incident is domestic in nature.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Halloween treat: Full ‘blue moon’ set to shine
- Is Trump or Biden winning? 5 clues from early voting
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- Vice President Mike Pence to visit Elizabeth City Saturday
- US shatters daily COVID record with nearly 100,000 new cases