HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — A 19-year-old Hampton man was arrested after a shooting on West Queen Street back on September 28.
Police announced Friday that Ason Tyliek Banks was charged with one count of malicious wounding, one count of use of a firearm in the commission of a felony and one count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, after being arrested in another jurisdiction for unrelated charges.
He was the second person arrested in connection to the shooting in the 1400 block of West Queen Street, which left a man with life-threatening injuries.
Malicah Forbes, a 19-year-old Hampton man, was arrested on October 7 and charged with one count of malicious wounding and one count of use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
- Va. flags to be half-staff Friday in memory of late Bernard Cohen, lawyer in Loving v. Virginia case
- Possible unexploded ordnance found at Cape Hatteras National Seashore, safety perimeter is up
- Crews working to repair broken water main in Norfolk
- Northam unveils coastal resilience blueprint to deal with effects of climate change
- Netflix is looking for the next star in STEM on the campus of Norfolk State