HAYES, Va. (WAVY) — Two horses died in a barn fire in Gloucester County late Monday night.
Crews were called around 8:31 p.m. for a barn fire on Friends Road. Upon arrival, crews found heavy smoke conditions.
Gloucester Volunteer Fire & Rescue and York County Department of Fire and Life Safety were also on scene to assist. There were no fire hydrants in the area of the fire, so additional units were needed to respond for water supply.
The fire was marked under control a short time later, there were no injuries to any residents or fire responders. The two horses were unable to make it out of the barn.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Staff shortage forces Hampton to return smaller group of students to in-person learning next week
- Battling false information: Where to go for facts before Election Day
- CDC lifts ban on US cruises
- One ref’s decision cost a Missouri man $1 million in fantasy football competition
- What you may not know about (not so) secret presidential code names