GLOUCESTER, Va. (WAVY) – The Abingdon Volunteer Fire and Rescue said three individuals were rescued Friday after their boat capsized in the York River.
The call for rescue was received at 2:44 p.m.
A resident in the Capahosic area reported that a small boat capsized and the occupants were in the water.
As rescue crews arrived, they were notified that all three individuals were recovered by a good Samaritan vessel.
All of the occupants were accounted for and uninjured.
- Police: 12-year-old child suffers injuries following overnight shooting in Norfolk
- Following the Funds: Who has donated to presidential candidates in Hampton Roads?
- East Beach neighborhood in Norfolk sees string of mail thefts
- 3 dead, woman seriously injured in crash on East Princess Anne Road
- 50 million and counting: 11 days out, early voting in 2020 surpasses 2016 total