GLOUCESTER COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) — Deputies have arrested a man in connection to a stabbing in Gloucester County that sent another man to the hospital.
According to the Gloucester County Sheriff’s Office, deputies were dispatched to the 600 block of Allison Road just before 7:30 p.m. on December 25 for a malicious wounding that occurred in the front yard of a home.
The victim, an unidentified 45-year-old man, was reportedly stabbed in both upper arms.
The victim was sent to Riverside Regional Medical Center with non life-threatening injuries.
On January 9 after further investigation, authorities identified 29-year-old Michael Bess of Newport news as a suspect in the incident and arrested on an aggravated malicious wounding charge.
- Steelers sign former Washington QB Dwayne Haskins to one-year deal
- Food Bank of the Albemarle to hold extended pantry hours after closing due to COVID-19 exposure
- Border crossing briefly shuts down as asylum-seekers try to enter U.S.
- Water main break on Airline Boulevard in Portsmouth causes traffic detours; water shut off for repairs
- ‘Bernie mittens’ sell out hours after Inauguration