GLOUCESTER, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia State Police are investigating a fatal accident that killed one person and injured three others late Sunday evening.
According to officials, police were called around 10:43 p.m. for the accident on Route 14, east of Crab Thicket Road.
Police learned that a 2002 Hyundai Elantra was traveling westbound in the eastbound lanes of Route 14 when it collided head-on into a 2009 Chevrolet Impala.
The driver of Hyundai, a woman, and a child in the back seat were transported to Riverside Regional Hospital with serious injuries. The front seat passenger, 50-year-old Robert Lindsay-Cruz, of Williamsburg, was also taken to Walter Reed Hospital where he succumbed from his injuries.
The driver of the Chevrolet was transported to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital with serious injuries.
The preliminary investigation revealed that neither speed or alcohol were contributing factors. Charges are pending, according to police.
Stay tuned to WAVY.com for updates.
- Chapter 5: He Didn’t Have Consent
- Creative Corner: Perry Glass Studio Manager Robin Rogers
- Texas grid operator CEO will be terminated after mass blackouts during winter storm
- Harris Teeter offering ‘limited’ doses of COVID-19 vaccines at select locations in NC
- Third stimulus check: Some Senate Dems call for automatic payments