GLOUCESTER COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) – A man has been charged in connection to a shooting that left one woman dead and a man injured in Gloucester.
According to police, deputies responded to a call of a home invasion and shooting on August 15 around 2:05 a.m. in the 4300 block of Bufflehead Dr. When deputies arrived on the scene, they found a man and a woman suffering from gunshot wounds.
18-year-old Skyler Merenda was pronounced dead at the scene and a 20-year-old man was transported to a local hospital for his injuries.
Deputies say 24-year-old Tyrell Samuel was identified as the suspect early in the investigation. Samuel was then arrested on August 24 for an unrelated firearm charge.
Samuel was then charged by a grand jury Monday with the following offenses;
- First-degree murder
- First-degree attempted murder
- Two counts of shooting in the commission of a felony
- Use of a firearm in the commission of a felony 1st offense
- Malicious wounding
- Use of a firearm in the commission of a felony 2nd offense
- Burglary while armed with intent to commit murder
- Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon
Check WAVY.com for the latest updates.