GLOUCESTER, Va. (WAVY) — A Gloucester man is dead after Virginia State Police say he ran off the road and into a utility pole Saturday evening.
On Saturday night, just after 11, police say a 46-year-old man was traveling west on Route 641 in a 2016 Chevrolet Trak without his seat belt on. According to officials, the man was east of Route 17 when he went off the road, struck a Dominion Power pole and died on impact.
In a release on Sunday morning, police said the family had been notified of the incident.
Police also believe speed was a factor in the incident.
Dominion Power came to the location to restore power back to customers. VDOT assisted in lane closures and rerouting traffic.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Hopeful 5-year-old Norfolk boy gets enough donations to buy adaptive bike
- VB brewery hosts ‘pint-for-a-pint’ blood drive
- Study: Why do some kids contract MIS-C rather than severe COVID-19?
- Biden administration to deliver 25M masks to vulnerable Americans, increase vaccine shipments to states
- NC State earns upset win at No. 15 Virginia, handing Cavaliers 3rd loss in arow