CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — A woman is in custody after another woman was seriously hurt in a hit-and-run Wednesday morning in Chesapeake.
Police say it happened just before 8 a.m. at the intersection of Whistle Town Road and Fernham Lane. The victim was found with serious injuries and taken to the hospital.
On Thursday, police announced 33-year-old Chesapeake resident Michelle McKeown was arrested and charged her with felony hit-and-run.
Police say several witnesses in the area were able to give a suspect description, and police said they were looking for a black SUV.
No other details were released in a press release, but police say the hit-and-run remains under investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887) or submit a tip online.
- New Kent holding J&J vaccine clinic Friday
- Trial underway could impact when NC voters will need to show photo ID at polls
- Toddlers abandoned by smugglers at border wall released from Border Patrol custody
- COVID-19 impacts brains of 1 in 3 patients months after infection, how to get help
- Wheels up! New direct flight from Richmond to Chicago Midway on Southwest Airlines now in service