CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — A vacant home in Chesapeake caught fire on Wednesday morning.
Chesapeake Fire officials say they were notified for the fire at 5:52 a.m in the 1400 block of Atlantic Avenue.
No one was living in the home and there were no reported injuries. The fire was marked under control at 6:13 a.m. and out at 6:32 a.m., firefighters say.
The fire closed Atlantic Avenue between Strawberry Lane and Myers Road.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Invasive ‘jumping worms’ spreading through several US states
- Foodbank site to help with food insecurity opens at Tidewater Community College’s Portsmouth campus
- Monday marks 32 years since USS Iowa explosion that killed 47 sailors
- Vandals leave pig’s head, smear blood on former home of Derek Chauvin defense witness
- Fauci says he expects Johnson & Johnson vaccinations to resume later this week