CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia State Police are asking for help identifying a vehicle they believe was involved in a possible shooting on Interstate 464 in Chesapeake.
The Virginia State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation was called to investigate a possible shooting in the northbound lanes of I-464 north of Freeman Avenue around 12:40 p.m. Monday.
There were no injuries reported during the incident.
Police said they are looking for a red late model Ford Explorer. It has black aftermarket body panels and a black lift gate. The front of the vehicle has a brush guard covering the grill and bumper.
There were two males inside the Explorer.
As they investigated, police stopped and rerouted traffic in an effort to find possible evidence.
Those with information to identify the suspect vehicle or other related information should contact the Bureau of Criminal Investigation at 757-424-6800 or at email@example.com.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- The heartwarming story behind Bernie Sanders’ iconic Inauguration mittens
- Forced to wait in Mexico, asylum-seekers make video pleading with President Biden
- Packers, Chiefs favorites heading into championship games
- NC’s COVID-19 vaccine rates increase, but still plenty of room for improvement, federal data show
- ‘Hear Their Voices’: Art exhibit honors survivors, victims of human trafficking