CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Chesapeake Police say a man died and another was injured in a shooting Thursday night.
The call came in reporting the sound of gunshots at 9:42 p.m. in the 4200 block of Reid Street.
Police responded to the area and found a man, identified as 29-year-old Datron Porch, dead from a gunshot wound in the 2000 block of Linster Street.
Police say they are investigating the shooting as homicide.
Later on around 11:24 p.m., a man took himself to a local hospital for medical treatment. He has a gunshot wound that isn’t considered life-threatening, police wrote in a Friday evening update.
The man was around Reid Street and Linster Street when the shooting happened, and was struck by a bullet, police say.
There’s no other information or suspect description, according to police. The investigation remains active and ongoing.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887) or submit a tip online.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries following Coliseum Dr. shooting in Hampton
- Congress scrambles to avoid government shutdown
- Bipartisan lawmakers push $908B pandemic relief bill
- Congress hears from Mnuchin, Powell as CARES Act nears expiration
- Group of Senate Democrats and Republicans announce COVID relief framework