CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Chesapeake Police say a man died and another was injured in a shooting Thursday night.
The call came in reporting the sound of gunshots at 9:42 p.m. in the 4200 block of Reid Street.
Police responded to the area and found a man, identified as 29-year-old Datron Porch, dead from a gunshot wound in the 2000 block of Linster Street.
Police say they are investigating the shooting as homicide.
Later on around 11:24 p.m., a man took himself to a local hospital for medical treatment. He has a gunshot wound that isn’t considered life-threatening, police wrote in a Friday evening update.
The man was around Reid Street and Linster Street when the shooting happened, and was struck by a bullet, police say.
There’s no other information or suspect description, according to police. The investigation remains active and ongoing.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Miami launches its own cryptocurrency, MiamiCoin
- Virginia July 30 COVID-19 update: 3rd straight day of 1,000-plus cases; Hampton Roads test positivity rising sharply
- ‘Bucket list’: Michigan man covers Olympic basketball for Getty Images
- US-Czech game has major Olympic quarterfinal implications
- Newsfeed Now: Man arrested in deadly movie theater shooting; Fed up neighbors tackle pothole problems