CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) – A Chesapeake home was engulfed in flames Tuesday morning, leaving two siblings without a home.

“I woke up this morning about 5:30 to somebody banging on the door. I mean like banging on the door. And I came downstairs, opened the door. She said, your house is on fire. I called 911. Everybody get out,” said Tomorrow Jones.

Jones lives at the home with her brother Paul Lewis, who is in the Navy.

The Chesapeake Fire Department said the call came in at 6:02 a.m. about a residential fire in the 400 block of B Street on in the South Norfolk area in Chesapeake.

The CFD arrived on the scene at 6:08 a.m., and the fire was under control by 6:21 a.m.

“It was an accidental fire. It started on the back deck, exterior of the house,” said Capt. Steven Bradley.

Jones said Monday night her family was on the deck making a popular fall treat.

“Just roasted marshmallows last night with my little cousins. I made sure I put everything out. Poured water all in the grill. Gave it like 30 minutes came back, put my hands in it to make sure nothing was still hot and nothing was still hot. So wrapped it up and called it a night,” she said.

She said she checked the grill about two or three times. However, she belives there was a hidden spark in or under the grill.

“So everybody be careful. You know as the season is getting cold you want to do fun stuff with the kids. Safety, safety, safety,” Jones said.

Flames and heavy smoke were visible from the two story house when crews arrived. The back of the house sustained significant damage. The fire department released images showing flames consuming part of the home.

The Red Cross is helping the siblings find a new home.

Jones and Lewis were preparing to host a Friendsgiving celebration on Thanksgiving.

Jones said despite the loss of their home, she is happy no one was hurt.

“Just going to stay focused on the positive,” Jones said. “We’re alive. My cats are alive, just a little home damage that can be replaced,” she said.

Jones credits the”guardian angel” for saving their life.

“We would have probably still been in there sleep,” she said. “So whoever that lady was, whoever you are, I love you and I thank you so much. Because literally she was just gone like in a flash. So she had to be some kind of angel.”

Stay with WAVY10 for more updates.