CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Police say a brief pursuit ended in a crash causing all I-464 northbound lanes to shut down Saturday night.
Officers attempted to stop a vehicle for expired tags when the driver took off and headed toward I-464 leading police on a pursuit near Bainbridge Boulevard.
The vehicle then crashed causing all northbound lanes to shut down on I-464 at mile marker 4 in Chesapeake.
Police say that no injuries were reported and subjects were taken into custody.
No additional information is available at this time.
- Newsfeed Now: Senators to be sworn in for impeachment, 40-year-old message in a bottle discovered in lake
- Thousands of NC COVID-19 vaccine appointments canceled after state diverts doses; briefing today at 1 p.m.
- Washington Football Team’s Jennifer King makes history as NFL’s first African American female assistant running back coach
- Analysis: Brady’s NFC championship turned on 2 crucial calls
- Rocky Mount police officers facing federal charges after storming Capitol officially terminated