CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Three adults are displaced following a fire that damaged two apartments in Chesapeake on Saturday evening.
Firefighters responded just after 7 p.m. to the 4100 block of Prindle Court in the Western Branch section of the city.
Shortly after arriving, crews found fire and smoke showing from a multi-story apartment building. Officials said it was contained to the “exterior breezeway, where the fire had started from a possible lightning strike.”
The fire was marked under control at 7:30 p.m.
Minimum fire damage was reported, but water damage spread through two apartments due to a burst water pipe.
There were no injuries reported and the Red Cross is assisting one of the displaced occupants.
No further information is available at this time.
This is a breaking news story.
- T-Mobile facility relocating to Henrico, expected to create 500 new jobs
- Suffolk Tourism releases second Suffolk-themed activity book
- Operation School Supplies: Help every child be ready to learn this fall
- Crews respond to occupied house fire in Nags Head
- Multi-vehicle crash in Hampton leaves several injured