CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — An 80-year-old Poquoson man died over the holiday weekend in Chesapeake after crashing during a medical emergency, police say.
Virginia State Police say the crash happened just before 3:50 p.m. Saturday at the Bowers Hill Interchange on southbound I-664.
The driver, Norman T. Nachbaur, died at the scene. The investigation into the crash is still ongoing as of Tuesday, police said, but a medical emergency is considered a contributing factor to the crash. Nachbaur was wearing his seat belt at the time.
- Patriots look to rebound as they host 2-0 Raiders
- Norfolk Police investigate stabbing on Sewells Road
- (VIDEO) Patterson steps up, leads No. 20 Hokies past NC State 45-24
- (VIDEO) Armstrong, Davis help Virginia rally past winless Duke 38-20
- Norfolk family pleads for justice after body of 17-year-old girl found in Newport News