CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — An 80-year-old Poquoson man died over the holiday weekend in Chesapeake after crashing during a medical emergency, police say.
Virginia State Police say the crash happened just before 3:50 p.m. Saturday at the Bowers Hill Interchange on southbound I-664.
The driver, Norman T. Nachbaur, died at the scene. The investigation into the crash is still ongoing as of Tuesday, police said, but a medical emergency is considered a contributing factor to the crash. Nachbaur was wearing his seat belt at the time.
- Senate to debate virus relief amid tightened Capitol security
- Local film set to premiere with red carpet event at Portsmouth’s Commodore Theatre
- Blog: Cold Is Testing Our Patience!
- When will drops in COVID-19 numbers reflect vaccinations? For nursing homes, that time is now, experts say
- FBI: Suspects trained for Whitmer kidnapping in ‘kill house’