CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — A toddler was found wandering around a Chesapeake neighborhood early Wednesday morning, police say.
Police say the child was spotted between 5 a.m. and 6 a.m. in the Geneva Shores neighborhood, and officers went door to door to locate the child’s parents.
The mother was eventually located around 11 a.m. at a home in the neighborhood.
Police didn’t have additional details as of 1 p.m. but said child protective services was investigating and charges could be pending.
Check back for updates.
- Oceanfront businesses forced to close some locations, rethink operations due to lack of help
- Dominion Energy’s $1M EnergyShare Expansion provides bill assistance options for small businesses and residents
- Congress members from Virginia urge USDA to ensure children can access meals amid COVID-19
- Man sought to have his child porn victim killed, prosecutors say
- Mother to appear in court Thursday for child endangerment charges following 2019 death of 3-year-old girl in Wythe County