CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — A toddler was found wandering around a Chesapeake neighborhood early Wednesday morning, police say.
Police say the child was spotted between 5 a.m. and 6 a.m. in the Geneva Shores neighborhood, and officers went door to door to locate the child’s parents.
The mother was eventually located around 11 a.m. at a home in the neighborhood.
Police didn’t have additional details as of 1 p.m. but said child protective services was investigating and charges could be pending.
Check back for updates.
- First case of COVID-19 variant reported in North Carolina
- Sandbridge fire leaves 4 people, 3 dogs without a home
- Virginia COVID-19 Jan. 23 update: Over 4,900 new cases, nearly 1,400 in Hampton Roads, positivity rate at 12.8%
- ‘Million-dollar’ cities surging, despite pandemic
- Despite IRS warning, stimulus checks and debit cards cause confusion