CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Dominion Energy reported that about 5,087 residents in Chesapeake were without power on Sunday evening.
Power line damaged caused just over 3,100 people in the Culpepper Landing and Yadkin to experience outages.
Additionally, almost 2,000 people in the Deep Creek West and Bowers Hill neighborhoods stretching to the edge of Camelot were experiencing outages. The cause was under assessment and details were not available on the Dominion Energy website.
It is not known if the two outages were related.
Crews worked to restore power and reported that by 10 p.m., residents’ power had been restored.
Report and check outages here.
Stay with WAVY on air and online for updates.
- T-Mobile facility relocating to Henrico, expected to create 500 new jobs
- Suffolk Tourism releases second Suffolk-themed activity book
- Operation School Supplies: Help every child be ready to learn this fall
- Crews respond to occupied house fire in Nags Head
- Multi-vehicle crash in Hampton leaves several injured