One hospitalized after house fire in Chesapeake

Chesapeake

File photo

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — One person has been hospitalized after a house fire in South Norfolk.

Click here to subscribe to our breaking news email alerts

According to Chesapeake fire officials, the fire broke out around 3:15 p.m. in the 4000 block of 1st Street, near Bainbridge Boulevard. When firefighters arrived on the scene, they found smoke coming from the front door of a single-story house.

The fire was determined to be out around 3:30 p.m.

One person was injured and transported to a local hospital.

Officials say the fire was accidental and caused by cooking.

Download the WAVY News App to keep up with the latest news, weather and sports from WAVY-TV 10. Available in both the Apple and Google Play stores.

Copyright 2022 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

WAVY Twitter Widget

***Don’t Miss Module Removal CSS***

WAVY Facebook