CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — A Chesapeake woman who won $100,000 in the Virginia Lottery has quite a bit of luck running through her family.
Vivian Vaughan, a local school bus driver, chose five numbers based on her family’s birthdays, 4-8-10-13-17.
Sure enough, she matched all five digits in the Cash 5 game and won the top prize — of which, the odds of winning are 1 in 278,256.
“It hasn’t hit me yet,” she told Lottery officials as she claimed her prize. “I’m not even thinking!”
She bought her ticket at the 7-Eleven at 2200 South Military Highway in Chesapeake.
- Trump supporters attempt world record boat parade near Clearwater Beach
- Virginia August 15 COVID-19 updates: More than 900 cases reported statewide with 11 new deaths
- BLOG: Heavy rain, flash flooding possible this weekend
- Peninsula SPCA asking for pet calendar photo submissions during Clear the Shelters
- ‘So far everything has worked out smoothly’: Students say of COVID-19 college move in