CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — A Chesapeake woman who won $100,000 in the Virginia Lottery has quite a bit of luck running through her family.
Vivian Vaughan, a local school bus driver, chose five numbers based on her family’s birthdays, 4-8-10-13-17.
Sure enough, she matched all five digits in the Cash 5 game and won the top prize — of which, the odds of winning are 1 in 278,256.
“It hasn’t hit me yet,” she told Lottery officials as she claimed her prize. “I’m not even thinking!”
She bought her ticket at the 7-Eleven at 2200 South Military Highway in Chesapeake.
- First case of COVID-19 variant reported in North Carolina
- Sandbridge fire leaves 4 people, 3 dogs without a home
- Virginia COVID-19 Jan. 23 update: Over 4,900 new cases, nearly 1,400 in Hampton Roads, positivity rate at 12.8%
- ‘Million-dollar’ cities surging, despite pandemic
- Despite IRS warning, stimulus checks and debit cards cause confusion